For the seventh edition of the NUHA Blogging Prizes, 183 articles were published from 34 different countries! Three prizes were on offer:
- Young Writers Prize, for those born between 2003 and 2007: up to USD 250
- Youth Prize, for those born between 1999 and 2002: up to USD 1000
- Adult Prize, for those born before 1999: up to USD 2500
for authors who responded to one of the statements below, together with potential matched prizes for teachers and schools.
Write an essay or a short story of 300 to 800 words on one of these photos:
To participate, write an essay of 500 to 1200 words on one of these topics:
- "Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And more important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition." - Steve Jobs. Discuss.
- "In real life, I assure you there is no such thing as algebra." - Fran Lebowitz
3. Discuss the photo.
4. Discuss the photo.
Write an article of 600 to 1500 words on one of the topics below:
- "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln. Do you agree?
- "Nobody realises that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." - Camus. Discuss.
- Should the role of education be to prepare students for working life, or to broaden their mind?
- "No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally - and often far more worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond." - C.S. Lewis. Discuss.