For the seventh edition of the NUHA Blogging Prizes, 183 articles were published from 34 different countries! Three prizes were on offer:
- Young Writers Prize, for those born between 2003 and 2007: up to USD 250
- Youth Prize, for those born between 1999 and 2002: up to USD 1000
- Adult Prize, for those born before 1999: up to USD 2500
for authors who responded to one of the statements below, together with potential matched prizes for teachers and schools.
The winners were announced on 17 December 2017 by our fantastic Jury.
Write an essay or a short story of 300 to 800 words on one of these photos:
To participate, write an essay of 500 to 1200 words on one of these topics:
- "Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And more important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition." - Steve Jobs. Discuss.
- "In real life, I assure you there is no such thing as algebra." - Fran Lebowitz
3. Discuss the photo.
4. Discuss the photo.
Write an article of 600 to 1500 words on one of the topics below:
- "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln. Do you agree?
- "Nobody realises that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." - Camus. Discuss.
- Should the role of education be to prepare students for working life, or to broaden their mind?
- "No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally - and often far more worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond." - C.S. Lewis. Discuss.
Go to this year's edition of the Blogging Prizes | Explore this year's blogging entries.