For the eighth edition of the NUHA Blogging Prizes, 341 articles were published from 61 different countries! Three prizes were on offer:
- Young Writers Prize, for those born between 2004 and 2008: up to USD 250
- Youth Prize, for those born between 2000 and 2003: up to USD 900
- Adult Prize, for those born before 2000: up to USD 2400
for authors who responded to one of the statements below, together with potential matched prizes for teachers and schools.
Write an essay or a short story of 300 to 800 words on one of these photos:
To participate, write an essay of 500 to 1200 words on one of these topics:
- Is education a right or a privilege?
- "While technology is important, it's what we do with it that truly matters." - Muhammad Yunus. Discuss.
- "If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company." - Jean-Paul Sartre. Discuss.
- Discuss the photo.
Write an article of 600 to 1500 words on one of the topics below:
- "Most people don't listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply." - Stephen R. Covey. Do you agree?
- "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr. Discuss.
- "He who opens a school door, closes a prison." - Victor Hugo. Discuss.
- Discuss the following excerpt from Warsan Shire's poem Home:
"you have to understand,
that no one puts their children in a boat
unless the water is safer than the land"