Thank you to all those who entered the Blogging Competition. We enjoyed reading your writing! Below are links to all of the articles we published: please read them and share your thoughts and comments with the authors and with us.
Congratulations to the winners of the Youth and Adult categories! These were announced on 14 December 2015 by our experienced Jury. For the Young Writers category, it was decided that all five authors deserved recognition rather than to award a prize, and they will each be receiving a book!
Entries in alpabetical order:
Young Writers Category (10–14)
- Cottereau, Perrine (France): The blackboard
- De Laromiguiere, Fabiola (France): The blackboard
- Finapiri, Naomi (UK): A flawed perfection
- Guibert, Marie (France): Chalk and the blackboard
- Lenne, Chloe (France): The blackboard
- Moreau, Alexandre (France): The blackboard
- Reczinski, Travis (France): The black blackboard?
- Zambetti, Emily (France): Is the blackboard black?
Youth Category (15-18)
- Ayoubi, Jasmine (UK): What the eye can't see, the ear can hear
- Azizan, Nur Afiqah (Malaysia): Why or why not? --Winner!
- Chukwuma, Blessing (Nigeria): Up the road of success
- Cookie (France): Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason
- Emeh, Winnie (Nigeria): Education without limitation but innovation and imagination --Shortlisted!
- Fan, Annie (UK): Children don't know best!
- Fubara, Madighi (Nigeria): That inner feeling is mostly right. Don't fight it!
- Gachuhi, Sylvia (Kenya): Reality permanence? I don't think so
- Igbe, Silas (Nigeria): Remodelling the modern education system: the need for creativity --Shortlisted!
- Mohd Safuan, Nur Shafiqah (Malaysia): Take that leap
Adult Category (19+)
- Adelaja, Ruth (Nigeria): Are you there yet?
- Adeniran, Adetayo (Nigeria): Lethargy of choicelessness
- Aladago, Maxwell (Ghana): Was Sydney J. Harris right?
- Aliyu, Muhammad (Nigeria): What is the role of competition in education?
- Aluoch, Agnes (Kenya): The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows
- Bedri, Sara (Sudan): Choice or "Destiny"
- Bello, John (Nigeria): What is the role of competition?
- Bolarinwa, Oluseyi (Nigeria): What is the role of competition in education?
- Capariño, Joselito (Philippines): To compete is to create, innovate and win
- Coleman, Ashleigh (UK): Hollow Victory: My competitive education revisited --Winner!
- Gebeyehu, Alemnew (Ethiopia): What is the role of competition in education?
- Ghahremanzadeh, Reza (UK): Through the looking-glass
- Homer, Carol (UK):The Mirrored Window: Education Beyond The Looking Glass
- Hurley, Caroline (Ireland): The challenges of turning education from mirrors into windows
- Kurumilla, Vijayshree (India): Do we really have a choice?
- Ledi, K. Klenam (Ghana): Has Sydney J. Harris gone out of the window instead?
- Lim, Han Yang (UK): Perception, Empathy, Gratitude
- Perkin, Bethany (UK): The Moon and the Mud --Shortlisted!
- Robert, Ikhuoria (Nigeria): The role of competition in education --Shortlisted!
- Sareen, Ayesha (India): Choicelessness of a free being --Shortlisted!
- Sharma, Arushi (India): A house without books is like a room without windows
- Sidaza, Sizwe (South Africa): Education as a paradise of opportunity
- Oluwaseun, John Dairo (Nigeria): What is the role of competition in education?
- Ugwuja, Anselm (Nigeria): The role of competition in education --Shortlisted!
- Uwadilachi, Godwin (Nigeria): The magnitude of choice