For its pilot run in 2011, the Blogging Prizes were decidely a success: 26 authors published from 14 different countries, aged 10 and above -- and the articles were viewed over 6,400 times by people connecting from 114 countries the world over!
Two prizes were on offer: a Youth Prize of £100 and an Adult Prize of £150, for authors who responded to one of the statements below:
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” Nelson Mandela
- Education is worth paying for.
- In the 21st century, it is better to give a child a computer than a book.
- “Only the educated are free.” Epictetus
- The State should encourage access to private education.
- "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." Alvin Toffler
The winners were announced on 7 December 2011 by our talented Jury, who were "extremely impressed" by the selection of articles and concluded that "all who entered should be very proud of their work."
Go to this year's edition of the Blogging Prizes | Explore this year's blogging entries.