For its pilot run in 2011, the Blogging Prizes were decidely a success: 26 authors published from 14 different countries, aged 10 and above -- and the articles were viewed over 6,400 times by people connecting from 114 countries the world over!
Two prizes were on offer: a Youth Prize of £100 and an Adult Prize of £150, for authors who responded to one of the statements below:
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” Nelson Mandela
- Education is worth paying for.
- In the 21st century, it is better to give a child a computer than a book.
- “Only the educated are free.” Epictetus
- The State should encourage access to private education.
- "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." Alvin Toffler
The winners were announced on 7 December 2011 by our talented Jury, who were "extremely impressed" by the selection of articles and concluded that "all who entered should be very proud of their work."