Welcome to the 2019 edition of NUHA's annual writing competition!
Whether you are from Ghana or Georgia, Greece, Guam or Guyana, we want to hear what YOU have to say about 'education'. Absolutely anyone can participate in the Blogging Prizes, and three prizes are on offer, together with Matched Prizes for teachers and schools:
It doesn't matter whether English is authors' first, second or even third language: articles will be judged first and foremost on the quality of argument and the originality of ideas. To participate, authors have to respond to one of the set topics at the links above within the word-limit by Saturday 12 October 2019.
For more information, take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions.
Entries in alphabetical order:
Young Writers Category (about 10–14)
- Avery, Kate (UK): Observations of an Endangered Creature
- Bamidele, Praise (Nigeria): It's In Your Hands!
Youth Category (about 15–18)
- Cartledge, Jed (UK): Over-humility
Trivia: our website has been viewed close to 0.5 million times since having been launched!
Adult Category (about 19+)
- Ayegba, Emmanuel (Nigeria): Life is Boring with Monotony
- Ayegba, Emmanuel (Nigeria): The Struggles of our Life
- Ayegba, Emmanuel (Nigeria): Three Haters
- Bruggeman, Eric (USA): What I am!
- Delfino, Jessica (USA): Conflict May Be A Great Impetus For Story Creation, But It Is A Terrible Impetus For Humanity
- Jones, Emma (UK): Shades of Rainbow
- Kamada, Laurel (Japan): Our Multiple Idenitites
- Lipsky, Amy (USA): Dialectical
- Mazucca, Laura Marie (USA): You Are Who You Think You Are!
- Miller, Semerete Yesus (Tobago): The Beauty Of Knowing Who I Am
- Mirpuri, Mukesh (India): Hate -A Contagious Disease
- Nyengera, Kudzanayi (Johannesburg): 'Become someone else that you were not in the beginning.' - Foucault
- Ranieri, Jason (USA): The Betterment of Humankind
- Roberts, Chrystel (Zambia): Utopia: A Perfectly Boring World
- Roy, Chantal (Canada): Know Yourself
- Sapepe, Caryl (Philippines): How Conflict Affects Life Stories
- Shah, Neelam (UK): Michel Foucault's Theory on Knowledge and Truth
- White, Ronald L. (USA): The Love of Hat